Drinking Water State Revolving Fund AQUARIUS Recognition Program
The DWSRF AQUARIUS Recognition Program
The Drinking Water State Revolving Fund (DWSRF) is a $41 billion federal-state partnership dedicated to protecting America¡¯s public health. The program finances the construction and rehabilitation of critical drinking water infrastructure, along with public health-focused programs and activities across our nation. The DWSRF AQUARIUS program nationally recognizes DWSRF-funded projects for exceptional focus on five main areas. These projects are examples of the high level of innovation possible with the DWSRF.
States participating in this voluntary recognition program may nominate one DWSRF project during the 2020 round. All DWSRF projects are eligible for nomination, as long as the project (or a distinct project phase) is complete. The project must meet three criteria to be eligible:
- Safe Drinking Water Act compliance
- Financial Integrity
- Public health benefits
This year, one ¡°Exceptional Project¡± will be selected for each of the five categories below:
- Excellence in Innovative Financing (e.g. a unique or uncommon funding mechanism was employed; co-financing)
- Excellence in System Partnerships (e.g. projects that involved many stakeholder entities; creation of regional water system)
- Excellence in Community Engagement (e.g. local schools or community groups played an integral role in the project design; a project that educates the community)
- Excellence in Environmental and Public Health Protection (e.g. project addresses health-based violations; a system returns to compliance)
- Excellence in Problem Solving (e.g. unique use of eligibilities to address an issue)
Project information submitted in this nomination form will be used to rank each project according to each category¡¯s criteria. All other AQUARIUS projects will be considered Honorable Mention Projects, highlighted in the 2020 AQUARIUS Compendium, and receive a certificate signed by the OGWDW Office Director.
2020 AQUARIUS Recognition Nomination Form(PDF)(EPA 816-K-17001)