EPA at 50: Progress for a Stronger Future
Born in the wake of elevated concern about environmental pollution, EPA was established on December 2, 1970 to consolidate in one agency a variety of federal research, monitoring, standard-setting, and enforcement activities to ensure environmental protection. Since its inception, EPA has been working for a cleaner, healthier environment for the American people.
- The Origins of EPA
- EPA's Administrators
- Historical Photos and Images
- Videos about EPA History
- Laws and Executive Orders
- The Clean Air Act
- The Clean Water Act
- Safe Drinking Water Act
- Superfund: CERCLA Overview
- The Toxic Substances Control Act
- Our Nation's Air
- National Water Program Performance
- EPA Research
- Superfund AnnualAccomplishments
- EPA Enforcement Annual Results
- Chemicals under TSCA
- National Compliance Initiatives
- National Overview: Facts and Figures on Materials, Wastes and Recycling
- Brownfields Program Accomplishments and Benefits
- FY2018 - FY2022 EPA Strategic Plan
"In Their Own Words"
You may need to refresh this page or click the play button if it doesn't play automatically.